Based on the recommendations from the Governor for Houses of Worship, Piner Baptist Church’s Administration Committee has decided on the following procedures to promote the safety of our worshippers.
At this time, Sunday Morning Worship will be the only meeting we will be having on Campus. All other meetings will be continued using the online format that has been used during this time of Isolation. Sunday Schools that have been meeting at 8:45 AM will be rescheduled to avoid conflicts with worship.
We will have one Worship Service at 10 AM on Sunday Morning using the following guidelines.
- We strongly encourage those who are most at risk from the Covid-19 virus to stay at home, as well as their caretakers and others who live in their homes.
- If you are sick and are not feeling well, we ask that you worship with us online from home.
- Participants are encouraged to wear masks. Masks will be available for those who need one.
- Participants are encouraged to have their temperatures taken before entry.
- Participants are asked to maintain the 6 feet physical distancing recommendations.
- Greeters will hold the doors so that participants do not have to touch the handles.
- There will be one set of double doors used for entrance and one set for exit.
- Participants are encouraged to use Hand Sanitizer upon entering and before leaving the building.
- Participants are asked to proceed to their seats upon entering the building and to remain there until after worship. This is to minimize exposure to other people who are worshipping with us. (We are using every other row of seats giving us 7 feet between each row of seats in the sanctuary.)
- To maximize seating capacity with physical distancing guidelines, we are requesting that family units of four or more use the center sections of the sanctuary and sit in the middle of the row of chairs. Smaller family units of three or less are asked to sit in the outer sections on the end seats next to the aisles, so that three chairs can remain empty between family units.
- While waiting for worship to begin, we encourage our members and guests to communicate with one another but to remain in their seats. This can be done by talking to those who are closest to you or by talking with one another on your cell phones using your speaker phone feature. We understand this may seem awkward to call someone on the phone who is sitting across the room, but once again, it minimizes your exposure to others who are attending. A reminder that Servant Keeper has the contact information for your fellow members. We encourage you to download this app on your phone. It is like having a church directory on your telephone. Please contact Amy@pinerbaptist.org for more information.
- Restrooms will be available for use with the following guidelines:
- One person in restroom at a time.
- Use wipes or spray to sanitize everything you have touched.
- Once you have wiped down everything wash your hands for 20 seconds. Use the paper towel or a wipe to open the door as you leave and throw your wipe or paper towels in the garbage can as you leave.
- The water fountain will not be available. We urge participants to bring their own water if they want access to a cool refreshing beverage during the worship.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to wear their masks during the singing portions of the service.
- There will be no welcome/greeting time during the worship.
- There will be offering boxes set up at the back of the sanctuary for use before and after worship.
- Invitation will be conducted with special guidance for those making decisions.
- Until further notice, there will be no childcare or children’s church.
- At the close of worship, we will release our participants starting from the back row and working forward, maintaining recommended physical distancing guidelines.
- We encourage all participants to use the hand sanitizer as you leave the building.
- We encourage those who want to spend time fellowshipping to maintain distancing recommendations and to do this outside, away from the doors.
We understand that this is not how we are used to gathering as the family of God. We are adopting these guidelines to make sure that everyone who chooses to attend a worship service at Piner Baptist Church, especially our guests, feels safe to be on our campus. We understand that there are many different opinions about what is necessary or not necessary, but Scripture challenges us to consider others as we make decisions that impact them. We ask you to prayerfully consider the following passages as you determine how to respond to these guidelines.
1 Corinthians 10:23–24 (CSB)
23 “Everything is permissible,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything builds up. 24 No one is to seek his own good, but the good of the other person.
Galatians 5:13–14 (CSB)
13 For you were called to be free, brothers and sisters; only don’t use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement: Love your neighbor as yourself.,
Mark 9:35 (CSB)
35 Sitting down, he called the Twelve and said to them, “If anyone wants to be first, he must be last and servant of all.”
John 13:35 (CSB)
35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Thank you and God Bless!